A Level Results 2016
A Level Results 2016
The students of St. Martin's Sixth Form Centre once again excelled in their AS and A level examinations.
Those achieving the top grades of A* and A grade rose again by 2% testimony to the hard work and dedication of both the students and staff at the school.
The Headteacher Mr Jarvis commended the partnership between parents, staff and students that is unique to a school based sixth form.
Notable achievements from our Sixth Form students:
- Joshua Walton - A* A* A* in Biology, Chemistry and Mathematics and will go on to study Medicine at Imperial College, London.
- Eve Clune Clarkson - A* A A A in French, English Literature, Mathematics and Further Mathematics and will go onto study Mathematics and Continental Europe at University of Bristol.
- Connor Arnold - A A A in Electronics, Geology and Geography and will go to study Geography and University of South Wales.
- Casey Blundell - A B B in Media Studies, Information Technology and History and will go onto study Media and Journalism at University of South Wales.
- Sophie Ball - A B B in Media, History and Religious Studies and will go onto study Religious Studies at University of South Wales.
- Eleri Cameron Waller - A B B in Geography, Biology and Religious Studies and will go on to study Primary Studies with QTS at University of South Wales.
- Thomas Jones - A B B in Electronic, Geology and Information Technology and will go onto study Software Engineering at Cardiff Metropolitan University.
New facilities open for September:
St Martin's School has invested substantially this year to provide new accommodation for students to study at Post-16 level.
The impressive new Sixth Form Centre led by Miss Matthew, will officially open in September and will provide students wishing to continue their studies at Post-16 level with state of the art facilities within a dedicated building.
These facilities will include;
- An independent study base equipped with 30 networked PCs loaded with all the software required for study at this higher level.
- A purpose built common room to support the social aspects of the Sixth Form community
- A level science suite
- Newly refurbished Sixth Form teaching bases
- Sixth form refectory and courtyard garden
- Dedicated student Wi-Fi
- Designated Sixth Form car parking
We look forward to welcoming those students wishing to study at Post-16 level at St. Martin's Sixth Form Centre where high quality teaching is combined with personalised pastoral care.
For further details please contact Miss Matthew
To view our Sixth Form results day photographs - click here to go to the gallery